To ensure compliance as per the UGC Regulations on curbing menace of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009, the Anti-ragging Committee is nominated and headed by the Head of the institution, and comprises of representatives as prescribed by the UGC Regulations, including civil and police administration, local media, Non-Government Organizations involved in youth activities and representatives from the institute.
The committee will ensure compliance with the provisions of the Anti ragging regulations; monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution.
Measures to prevent ragging
- Students and parents submit anti ragging related affidavits to the institutions at the time of admission.
- Awareness programs are conducted and Anti ragging act is read out in the class during the induction and orientation programs for fresher and senior students.
- Anti-Ragging regulations are displayed in the prominent places in the campus and hostels and on the Institute’s website.
- Anti-Ragging Committee is constituted to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging; It will also to nominate, monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution
- Anti-Ragging Squad will be called upon to make surprise raids on hostels, and other places vulnerable to incidents of and having the potential of, ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
- Anti-Ragging Squad is empowered to conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the Head of the institution or any concerned complainant and the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Anti-Ragging Committee for action.